Saturday, September 5, 2009

Affianced

Last night, I came home in a rage. It was 5:00p on a Friday and all I had wanted to do all day was come home! I had spent the day grading feverishly and dealing with students that I would have rather not have talked to. After school led to sweaty bus duty and many parent phone calls. I was so tired I almost wanted to cry.

Once I got home, I proceeded to tell Jonathan all about this horrid day as I put my stuff away. I sat on the couch in a huff and pulled out my computer. As I did that, Jonathan made mention that he had some surprises for me. He made me cover my eyes as he brought out the first surprise, a bouquet of the most amazing roses. I smiled and hugged him. We chatted for a little bit and I asked him about the other surprise. He, again, made me close my eyes and I heard the freezer open and shut. I thought to myself, "Thank God, he bought me some ice cream!" When I opened my eyes, he had a bottle of champagne in his hands. (At this point, I still had no idea what was going on) I asked what the champagne was for, and he got down on one knee and said, "To celebrate our engagement. Will you marry me?"

I'll be honest, I started laughing. Then the tears started to work themselves up, but I was laughing so hard I couldn't cry.

And of course, I said yes.

The backstory on this: Jonathan had gone to my parents house on Thursday to ask my mom, dad, and my niece. He had told my friend Sarah and his friend Chris already too... He bought the ring Friday before he came home.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations Liz! What great exciting news!! I am so happy for you an your new fiance!

    Here's to a happy marriage...they way it's supposed to be!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.