Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Sick Day

A sick baby is the saddest, most pathetic thing in the world. I should have seen this coming yesterday afternoon when I set Emma down to play and she crawled to me, put her head on my shoulder, and fell asleep. She had a fever last night, but after Tylenol and a bath, our fun little baby came back. Emma slept all night.

This morning, I woke up, did my normal morning routine. I got ready for work and got all of Emma's stuff ready. Around 6:20, Miss Thing woke up and when I picked her up she was warm. It wasn't until she vomited like a demon and I really noticed how pale she was that I panicked. I could not get ahold of my husband, which was incredibly stressful and frustrating. Luckily, I was able to get ahold of a friend that works with him and soon enough, J called me. We made a plan and I stopped by our neighbor/sitter's house for some advice. I took her to the doctor immediately and we learned that our Emma has the rotavirus.

Dammit.

So, today, we are catching up on our DVR, sleeping, and keeping hydrated to avoid a hospital visit. What really sucks is that this can last up to 8 days. EIGHT DAYS! Yikes.

Crap.

1 comment:

  1. Oh poor Emma! I hope the rest of you don't get it. We all got it at my house. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.