Sunday, September 5, 2010

Go Hawks!

I love college football. I can't truly explain why. NFL? Yeah, great. But, Saturdays in the fall spark something in me that can't be controlled. Yesterday, I was up at 7am making food while listening to the Big Ten Networks Pregame and had a full on conversation with the television that was started when I learned Kirk Ferentz just signed a contract extension until 2020. I love the excitement, the camaraderie, and the attachment we have with our Hawkeyes. Even though my dad didn't have any boys, he sure has us to watch football with (and I would bet that we know more about the game than any 'sons' he would have had). This year, we have three homes to switch around and a game to attend in Tucson. I can't wait...

Really what it boils down to is, I like spending the time with my family and friends watching those Iowa boys no matter how good or not so good they are in a year. This year? Rose Bowl team. Next year? Who knows, but we'll still watch every game... together.


1 comment:

Powered by Blogger.