This was the best Thanksgiving I've ever had (that I can remember, for childhood is pretty fuzzy) Nothing in particular happened, but I felt that the entire day came together in a symphony of perfection. Heather had Thanksgiving at her house, Mom still did a lot of cooking, we were all together, and of course, we watched the season starter, 'National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation'. There was no negativity... well except during an intense game of Candy Land and some cheaters during UNO, but both of those ended in laughter and some over celebration of ill gotten victories.
Next Thanksgiving, Emma will be here to celebrate with us. Last night while we laid in bed watching 'Charlie Brown Thanksgiving', as a perfect day ended, Jonathan rested his hand on my stomach and felt her move for the first time. It was such a moment of pure happiness that I couldn't help but shed a tear. He's been patiently waiting for something I've been feeling for weeks now. She only did it once, but that was all that was needed.
Dear Emma, I hope you know how much you are loved and adored already. I am so thankful that you are coming to us and bringing so much joy with you. The world is not a fair place and at times it can be sad, mean, or downright horrible, but there is always something to be thankful for and there is always a family to back you up and stand by your side. I hope that once you get older, you will understand that Thanksgiving is not the only day to be thankful, but each and every day that the sun rises is cause for thanks. Love, Mommy
God Bless those who are less fortunate than we are and for all of those who I love so dearly who are in pain or hurting, may He bring you comfort during your times of trial.
Happy Thanksgiving to all of you! So much to be thankful for! So glad Abby is HOME this year! When will you be in MN! Can't wait for you to finally meet her in person!
ReplyDeleteJen