Sunday, August 26, 2012

Things that gross me out

This past week, a lunch conversation with my colleagues sparked something in me. We were talking about the food industry and most importantly, ground beef. I almost had to leave because I was so sickened. I'll save you the details, but I am probably never going to buy ground beef again. EVER. We were suppose to have some for dinner that night, and I just couldn't do it. I couldn't bring myself to feed it to my daughter.

So starts my internet search quest. Best diet ever. I don't want to eat anything.

Which is why I made my own marinara sauce last night. Now, I do realize that there is stuff in canned food, but I'm just starting out here.



Now, my house smelled like an Italian restaurant the whole day. A bona fide Italian restaurant, not an Olive Garden. And it is soooo good!

We had some friends over yesterday, and they mentioned making their own spaghetti sauce.  Seriously, I have some crafty and smart friends.

Today, while Emma napped, I took to our pantry and fridge. I threw out all of the Pam and Crisco spray for our pans because they are gross. I now use coconut oil which handles high heat better than olive oil.

Icky bad.

Yummy, good!

I also threw out all the expired stuff, including a ton of salad dressing.

I've been making my own dressing for awhile, mostly because I like my dressing with lots of dijon mustard and vinegar. I took a peek at the ingredients in our salad dressings, made a stink face, and moved on.


Since we've become more budget conscience, I've really been trying to plan meals around what we already have. I cleaned out the pantry so I could actually SEE what I had. Turns out, we have a lot. I need to get better at this.

Lastly, the toddler tantrums are really getting on my nerves. I had to wash Emma's blanket today and we had a level 10 meltdown. Level. Freaking.TEN. My neighbors probably think I beat my kid. No, I'm just washing her damn blanket because it smells. I've been trying to walk away, but Emma follows me with her tantrums. I even locked myself in the bathroom, and she damn near beat the door down. My house is no longer safe. However, Dora seems to be doing her job and all is well for a bit. Of course, daddy wasn't home to enjoy this with me.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.