Saturday, September 8, 2012

More Pinterest Finds

Football is on the TV and we are on the couch. Emma has a faucet of snot issue and J just got home from Vegas so we decided to keep today low key. It also looks like it's going to storm, which is all the more reason to crack a 1554 and watch THE game. Iowa and Iowa State. Cyhawk. Last year we lost in a bunch of overtimes. This year, we'd better win. I can't yell at the TV since Emma is napping, so I've taken to pacing between the kitchen and living room, muttering to myself.

**Currently, we are down. Dammit. 

I'm making chicken from Pinterest courtesy of Rachel Schlutz's blog. It's called the World's Best Chicken. We, of course, have to make modifications because J isn't the 'adventurous' kind of eater. Meaning, if it isn't made from meat, cheese, or processed food, he doesn't eat it. So, we left out the rosemary. (Side note: I don't know how often I've used rosemary and he had no clue. I try not to do it often, because I don't want my husband to think I am poisoning him with healthy foods and new spices. I tend to throw a lot of things in that if he knew he would claim he 'didn't like it'. Well, what he doesn't know won't hurt him). 

Holy crap. The chicken is delicious. However, you have to like dijon mustard. And I love dijon mustard. I will add this to my if-i'm-ever-on-death-row-last-meal. The only thing is the recipe calls for a pound of boneless, skinless chicken. Well, I used a pound and it was only 2 breasts. I would make it 3-4 breasts.

**This game is already pissing me off. 

And since the oven will already be on, I will also be making soft chocolate chip cookies. A half batch, just to make sure they are good for next week's game and to make sure my pants still fit for said game. I'm on a constant look out for good cookies. My nieces told me that I made the best cookies ever. I can't let them down. (Although, to a 6 and 7 year old, anything with chocolate chips is the best thing ever). By the way, I tried to make eggless chocolate chip cookies (I know, I know) and yuck. I promptly deleted that pin. I'll keep you updated on the cookies. J is napping on the couch so I don't want to fire up the 1980's Kitchen Aide just yet.

**Man, our kicker is sure getting some quality time on the field. Sweet Jesus. 

I am also making the marinara I discussed in a previous post, except this time I used San Marzano tomatoes... I had an appointment by Whole Foods, so I gave in and bought some. I've decided that when I eventually go to heaven, it's going to smell like this marinara. I didn't use the onions this time. I was going more for tomatoey, garlicky goodness. I keep sneaking tastes. I don't know if it will make it to jarring at this point.

I love these tomatoes.

Dear Santa. I want this in my stocking.


**Oh, look. The kicker is out again. Excuse me. I have to stop cooking/baking to yell at the television a little more. Obviously, they aren't listening. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.