This nesting instinct has really kicked into high gear. Saturday night, I laid in bed awake thinking about how I could not possibly bring a baby into this world with our carpets as dirty as they were. It literally made me sick to think about it. The downstairs is where we are most of the time and we have a dog.
So, Sunday morning I woke up and J and I went to the Farmhouse for breakfast. I told him that I wanted to go to Target and get a steam cleaner for our floor. I felt that it made the most sense to purchase one instead of having someone come to do it since we will be using it every three months and hello... we have a dog and a baby on the way. This carpet is not going to stay clean. I'm not sure if he agreed or just knew that my mind was made up, but he dropped me off at Target and left to get his car cleaned. I walked around Target... having a contraction or two... and by the time he got there, I was able to point out the model I wanted and he loaded it up for me. We brought our new cleaner home, J put it together for me, and I immediately started to clean the carpet. I took me about an hour, but our once nasty carpet is now clean and beautiful... **side note: I'm sure that if I had allowed him to, Jonathan would have cleaned the carpets, but I refused to relinquish control**
This morning, I made chocolate chip muffins and my berry smoothie. While the muffins were cooking, I cleaned out the fridge and pulled the drawers to be washed. They are currently drying outside. I have a mental list going which includes but is not limited to: washing sheets, cleaning office, scrap-booking, grocery shopping, steam cleaning the tile, and cleaning the bathroom while stocking the house with hand sanitizer.
Now that I read this, I'm wondering if it's not nesting, but a disorder coming from being the Type A, first born girl with slight control issues. Whatever... it makes me happy.
FYI: Today, I am 39 weeks, 5 days pregnant. No sign of our baby love, yet.
Monday, March 28, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Powered by Blogger.
That is nesting at its finest, Beth. Two days before I had Jared, I mowed the lawn...and we didn't have a rider mower!
ReplyDeleteHang in there, she's closer to coming than you think!